Manager – Digital Fundraising
Posted on 11/9/2023
Advocates for justice system reform and racial equality
Vera Institute of Justice is a leading organization committed to addressing pressing social injustices, with a focus on reducing mass incarceration, racial disparities, and enhancing public trust in law enforcement. The company's culture is rooted in respect for human dignity, and it employs comprehensive strategies that prioritize public health and accountability. Vera's competitive advantage lies in its successful initiatives, such as the Second Chance Pell Programs, which have increased access to college education for incarcerated individuals, and its legal support for immigrants, significantly improving their chances of establishing the right to remain in the US.
Brooklyn, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -4%
1 year growth↓ -4%
2 year growth↓ -4%
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Quality Assurance (QA)
Sales & Account Management
- 6 – 9 years of relevant work experience, with 3 – 4 years of fundraising experience, including experience implementing fundraising appeals for a large audience online.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and donor relations
- Proven project management expertise and experience working with outside vendors to meet deadlines
- Experience using CRM-driven fundraising tools (EveryAction, MailChimp, Salesforce, Blackbaud/Raiser's Edge, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with EveryAction
- Experience with project management solutions (Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with the Associate Director of Digital Fundraising, web, and digital team members to deliver annual fundraising strategies that foster awareness around the Vera brand and organizational efforts to advance criminal legal and immigration reform
- Support strategy and implementation of multi-channel marketing campaigns, which include email, website, and social media channels
- Provide project management for execution of digital fundraising campaigns to achieve acquisition, donor growth, and retention
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the Digital and Development teams to develop, implement, and monitor programs throughout the donor journey
- Support planning and delivery of digital campaigns
- Collaborate closely with Associate Director of Digital Fundraising to execute email campaigns including copy drafting, building, QA, and delivering campaigns using EveryAction
- Work with Digital and Development team colleagues to produce and refresh automated campaigns to steward, retain, and upgrade donors
- Assist on paid media campaigns including awareness, lead generation, and direct fundraising
- Support reporting, testing, and optimization for digital campaigns
- Devise and execute testing of creative assets, messaging, and campaign structure.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on campaign performance, lead and traffic quality, landing page quality, etc.
- Assist with reporting and analysis of individual donor performance, growth, and retention metrics.
- Collaborate closely with Associate Director of Digital Fundraising to establish KPI objectives and benchmarks for success metrics, in partnership with Communications & External Affairs and Development stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Development team to produce and compile reporting to track online engagement and fundraising initiatives using EveryAction.
- Stay current on platform updates and digital development trends to assist with maximizing opportunities for our development efforts
- Experience galvanizing digital communities around critical issues through the use of engaging copy, design and calls-to-action
- Ability to break down complex issues and research findings for a range of unique audiences in a way that is accessible, engaging, and actionable
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven commitment to racial equity and passion for criminal legal reform
- Demonstrated committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace