Posted on 8/12/2022
- 10+ years of experience in internal audit/assurance, ideally with a complimenting university degree
- Sound knowledge of operational, finance and compliance processes within payments and/or financial services
- Experience in compliance (AML/CTF) and operational risk within financial services, payment processing, e-commerce or crypto industry will be considered and advantage
- Analytical, risk focused and ideally capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and products
- Good project management skills and maturity to lead, drive and manage audit assignments
- Excellent relationship and communication skills to build Internal networks within the team and wider firm, and the ability to clearly articulate business risks and controls at the senior management level
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of projects
- Professional certification such as IIA, CPA or ACAMS will be advantageous
- Reliable when working independently, with sound judgement for when to escalate issues
- Assessing the risks and controls relating to the business. Working with the audit team on drafting quality audit reports, discussing audit findings with partners, monitor corrective actions' implementation, and be a great teammate to ensure overall effectiveness of the team
- Have ownership for the planning and performing the annual audit strategy in accordance with Checkout.com methodologies and professional standards
- Carry out audit work across the Checkout.com IA portfolio and take ownership of the delivery of high-quality audits, including scoping the audit, controls assessment activities, finalising of audit issues and the audit report
- Serves as expert resource, leading others in creating and maintaining accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks on time, on budget, and accurately, and quickly learning new businesses, processes, and regulations
- To take responsibility for the design and implementation of department wide exercises such as annual planning, risk assessment and training
- Monitors business, regulatory and financial developments and related risks for multiple lines of business. Understands business strategies, processes and regulations and interprets Audit applications
- Update the relevant assigned risk assessments as part of the Continuous Risk Assessment on a regular basis so that changes in risk profiles are identified in a timely manner, proposing changes to the assigned audit plan as appropriate
- Demonstrates subject matter (speciality) expertise and/or provides global coverage. Manages senior management relationships and provides advice
- Participates in cross-governance relationships and activities
- Keep up to date with business developments, regulatory change, internal policies, and audit objectives so that audit work remains relevant, timely and valuable
Global payments solution
Checkout.com’s mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. This mission inspires them to deliver innovative solutions that flex to needs, valuable insights that help get smart about payments' performance, and expertise their customers can count on as they navigate the complexities of an ever-shifting world.
- Work-life balance - Flexible working and plenty of time off to unwind. We’ll even give you your birthday off.
- Recognition - Peer recognition program and quarterly Hero Awards. We celebrate success together.
- Career development - Tailored career development and learning pathways. We’ll help you unlock your potential.
- Celebrating diversity - Internal community groups and cultural events. We celebrate our differences.
- Staying healthy - A global wellness programme and private health insurance. We support your wellbeing.
- Security for the future - Comprehensive plans for you and your loved ones. We’ll take care of you.
- Giving back - Employee-led community outreach, payroll giving and a volunteering day. We care about your causes.
- Aspire. Anything can be built
- Excel. Go above and beyond
- Unite. We’re greater together