Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With over 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world’s top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are seeking to hire a talented Accounts Payable Specialist to assist our local and global accounting teams track, reconcile, and process company expenses. This role is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of various Accounts Payable functions, including invoice processing, vendor payments, and employee reimbursements. You will gain exposure to the full cycle accounts payable process while maintaining company policy. The ideal candidate will be proactive, highly organized, and motivated to work independently. Your ability to manage your time and prioritize tasks effectively will make you an asset to all aspects of the team.
- Assist with daily accounts payable operations for the US and international entities
- Record vendor invoices in the AP system and ensure proper coding, authorization and approval is in adherence to company policy
- Own the vendor management process and maintain vendor files with accurate banking details and appropriate tax forms
- Identify and communicate invoice discrepancies to vendors/suppliers
- Manage the employee expense reimbursement process
- Prepare and process weekly payments in a timely manner
- Work with the AR team to process and prepare customer refunds
- Serve as the point of contact for any AP inquires, both internal and external
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations
- Support the accounting close process as it relates to the AP invoices, accruals and payments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 1-2 years of experience with AP and general accounting
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of accounting methods and financial close process
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Hands on attitude with strong analytic abilities
- Experience with Netsuite and Tipalti is a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.