Mts Software Engineer
Posted on 4/12/2022
San Jose, CA, USA
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID
- Strong SQL/database, Git, Unix/Linux experience
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming language, Java (preferred)
- Experience with partner relationships/engagements activities with the other technical teams from external financial institutions or card networks etc
- Exposure to data analysis and being an advocate for data quality
- Experience in working with millions of transactional data and ability to perform technical and business analysis on the huge data set
- Basic understanding about operational detection/monitoring activities and exposure to P0/P1 incident management activities
- Work with Engineering, Products, Site Operation and Command Center, MTS/CSTS
- Accounting/Treasury, and various teams to address sites issues
- Weekend and after-hours support, on a rotating schedule, is required
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they blowup
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do
Platform for online money transfers
PayPal is committed to our mission to democratize financial services for people all over the world. The company operates a global payments platform to help create a worldwide network of good.
- A Stanford Navigator helps employees research providers and health conditions, and make informed decisions about health care
- Advance Medical is available for all employees who are looking for a world-class specialist to provide an expert medical opinion for treatment plans
- Stock Purchase Plans
- Retirement Savings and Pension Plans
- Stock Awards
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Four Weeks Paid Sabbatical for every Five Years of Service
- Educational and Professional Development benefits
- Matching Gifts & Volunteerism Opportunities
- Matching Gifts
- Skills-Based Volunteering
- Green Teams
- GIVE Teams
- Inclusion - Respect and value uniqueness and diversity of thought. We’re talking everyone, everywhere, at all times, regardless of background, level or circumstance. Ideas are richer and execution is stronger when everyone feels included.
- Innovation - Create amazing experiences for our customers – whether merchant, consumer or the PayPal community. Think differently, look end-to-end and practice empathy by putting yourself in our customers’ shoes.
- Collaboration - Work as a team, drive ownership and accountability, make decisions and get results. Foster trust, have integrity, champion each other and have each others’ backs. Eradicate silos and win as a team.
- Wellness - Care for and actively support each other’s well-being. Create a super energizing workplace that brings out the best in our employees by nourishing our mental, physical and emotional balance.