Head of Total Rewards
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
- You are analytical, proactive, and have exceptional program management and influence skills. You know what it takes to succeed in a high-growth, high-demand, cutting edge company
- In this key leadership role, you will be an innovator and an out-of-the-box thinker who can reimagine our global rewards strategy and build our HR operational capabilities to scale with our business growth
- You are familiar with the details of equity at a scaled private company, ranging from RSUs, stock options, equity management software tools, tracking stock utilization and practices around refresh grants
- You love to stay up to date on current market including staying ahead of industry best practices and future trends of both comp and benefits
- You make data-driven decisions and influence through data insights and analytics
- You're decisive and lead with synthesized recommendations, yet are willing to revisit when presented with new data
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You're a self-starter and thought leader. You have a desire to make high impact changes and challenge the status quo
- You're a creative problem-solver. You think in terms of “how can we” rather than “why we can't” and are known for bringing solutions and asking provocative questions
- You love to collaborate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders. Cross-functional is your middle name
- You're an excellent communicator and have a strong executive presence and influence skills. You can explain complex ideas to senior business leaders through verbal and written communication
- You have strong attention to detail, organization, and the highest standards for accuracy and precision. Ability to exercise good judgment
- You are knowledgeable about and interested in learning more about key regulations and agencies, including FLSA, ACA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, & HIPAA
- You have experience building and leading teams. You thrive coaching teammates in reaching their full potential
- Experience developing a long-term platform for compensation and benefit administration in a high-growth company
- Track record of providing creative, proactive and contemporary designs and programs responsive to the company's evolving strategies
- Track record of becoming a trusted consultant for C-Suite / VP-level executives on all issues of compensation
- Experience and comfort in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment seeking highly competitive talent
- Knowledge of legal requirements impacting compensation and benefit administration
- Technical knowledge of compensation design, including incentive, commission, and executive compensation program designs and associated tax implications and requirements
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, with high ambiguity and competing priorities with the ability to prioritize for impact
- Experience working with a Board Compensation Committee
- Embody and champion distinctive, competitive compensation principles and processes across the company that enable us to elevate talent density and deliver world class customer satisfaction
- Implement competitive compensation bands that are calibrated annually to maintain competitiveness with the external market
- Oversee the design and administration of our corporate bonus and incentive programs, including our equity program and and transition it to be market-competitive and equitable while balancing multiple stakeholders' perspectives, while balancing the financial goals of the company
- Conduct internal pay equity studies, ensure our pay guidelines are followed fairly across the board
- Ensuring that Total Rewards, operations practices, and reporting activities align with our internal Diversity, Equity, and Inclusions philosophy and strategy
- Refine and lead deployment of company-wide compensation review process (salary, short-term incentives and long-term incentives) including input on budgeting, and external market data, in partnership with People Business Partners and Talent Acquisition
- Ensure all compensation & benefits programs are effectively managed and compliant with external regulations and plan governance, including the evolving landscape of pay transparency
- Liaising with and creating materials for Compensation Committee meetings along with Datavant's Chief People Officer, General Counsel, and CFO to drive recommendations for executive compensation, equity programs, and other analyses as requested by the Committee
- Prepare and present materials to the Compensation Committee/Board of Directors
- Drive operational excellence and continued process improvement through the effective design and establishment of compensation and benefits technology and systems
- Cultivate a high performance team, by inspiring and mentoring your team while fostering a culture of empowerment, accountability, and inclusion
- Supporting merger and acquisition activities, including due diligence, evaluation, and integration of Total Rewards and Operations programs
- You have deep experience in total rewards, leading compensation and benefits, preferably with some time spent in a fast paced high-growth start-up or tech based organization. Public company experience is a plus
- You have experience with modern HRIS tools, including Oracle HCM. Experience transitioning to a new HRIS is a plus
Healthcare data platform
Datavant's mission is to connect the world’s health data to improve patient outcomes.
- Competitive Salaries & Rewards
- Generous Parental & Family Leave
- Ability to work anywhere in the US and Canada
- Meaningful equity
- Competitive Benefits – Full Family Coverage
- WFH Stipend & Monthly Credit
- Commitment to Learning & Development
- Unlimited PTO
Company Core Values
- More Responsibility, Fewer Rules - We have a culture of trust. Every Datavanter has a real project from their first week. Engineers begin checking in code almost immediately.
- We Grow Leaders - We promote from within to preserve culture and provide unrivaled growth opportunities for our team members.
- Perfect Is Good, Done Is Better - We move quickly, with a bias towards action.
- Time Is Our Most Valuable Asset - We prioritize automation and proactively eliminate bottlenecks. And aim to be punctual.
- Playing To Strengths - As an organization, we only build products and compete in markets where we decisively can win. As team members, we focus on our individual super-powers instead of correcting for weaknesses.
- Feedback Is A Gift - We proactively provide feedback to our peers and managers in the same warm, open-minded spirit of giving or receiving a gift to a friend. As an organization, we are transparent about both the problems and successes facing the company.
- We Work Hard - We believe that success requires long hours and is driven more by perspiration than inspiration. We don’t rest on past successes, individually or as a company.
- Always Pass The “Loved One Test” - You should be proud of the work you do with us, and we won’t make decisions that compromise that.