Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Location: Los Angeles
The intersection of media and technology is our sweet spot and we are fortunate to be headquartered at the epicenter of the creative economy - Los Angeles. This office houses many of our corporate functions and cross-functional teams tasked with creating exceptional experiences for our passionate communities.
About the Team and Role
Crunchyroll Games is a new division of Crunchyroll passionate about bringing the best of anime and anime-look games to Crunchyroll’s global audience. We work with a variety of global and domestic partners to help publish games to over 100+ countries, and bring more fans into the anime games ecosystem. Our team is composed of anime enthusiasts, authorities within gaming, and mash-ups of keenly intelligent and driven individuals. We are highly collaborative, and partner with multiple team members to ensure success in a fast-growing market.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, Games to support our growing portfolio of anime-based mobile games. This role will use owned and paid channels to raise awareness and acquire an engaged user base, and will be responsible for creating, and then completing, go-to-market and marketing plans per game. The role will closely collaborate with internal teams as well as external partners to creatively and effectively promote our games and get results.
In this position, the Marketing Manager will help the team develop and execute on industry-leading standard methodologies to scale our marketing and anime-game growth for Crunchyroll, championing data insights to inform and optimize marketing plans. As a key strategic member of the team, this role will help Crunchyroll Games evolve the way anime games are marketed and perceived in Western markets.
You are a leader, capable of creating and driving multi-pillared marketing and promotions strategy for both new and existing products and services. In addition to your high-level critical thinking, you must also have strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to manage direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred
- Master’s degree preferred, with a focus in Marketing or relatable field
- 6+ years of marketing experience in gaming (mobile gaming a plus)
- Awareness of game-specific marketing tactics including mobile marketing strategies
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple marketing deliverables to execution with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams (including international partners)
- Excellent writing / communication skills; experience working in close collaboration with creative services teams
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Comfortable and experienced working with product, engineering and design teams
- Excited by the fast-paced environment and passionate about video games/or anime and entertainment space
- Kind, team-oriented, highly self-motivated, and have a stellar work ethic
Typical Week in this Role
- Create and support end-to-end marketing and promotion strategies with the ability to define growth goals and own KPIs, forecasts, marketing channels and tactics
- Collaborate on marketing plans across various teams, including website, events, social, email, paid media, PR, and more
- Determine marketing plan deliverables, including graphic design, copy, and content needs, and collaborate with internal teams and external partners on necessary approvals
- Immersion into the games you are marketing to serve as the internal expert on the game brand and messaging elements, educating other teams completing the marketing plans
- Monitor marketing plan performance, produce reporting that demonstrates marketing impact on KPIs, and use data to inform and improve ongoing as well as new marketing campaigns
- Coordinate with Senior Marketing Manager(s) and Director, Games Marketing to ensure alignment across Crunchyroll Games marketing strategy and prioritization
Benefits: Los Angeles
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Support program for new parents
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
Questions about Crunchyroll’s hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Pay Range for this position is listed. Actual pay will vary based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Crunchyroll’s Total Rewards offerings for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, employer matched retirement savings, time-off programs, and progressive health benefits and perks.
Pay Transparency - Culver City, CA