Valo Health is a technology company that is integrating human-centric data and AI-powered technology to accelerate the creation of life-changing drugs for more patients faster. Valo was created with the belief that the drug discovery and development process can and should be faster and less expensive, with a much higher probability of success. We are using models early to fail less often, executing clinical trials to add valuation to the company, and generating fit-for-purpose data to feed back into Valo’s Opal Computational Platform™ as we reinvent drug discovery and development from the ground up. Disease doesn’t wait, so neither can we.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts in science, technology, and pharmaceuticals united in our mission to achieve better drugs for patients faster. Valo is committed to hiring diverse talent, prioritizing growth and development, fostering an inclusive environment, and creating opportunities to bring together a group of different experiences, backgrounds, and voices to work together. We achieve the widest-ranging impact when we leverage our broad backgrounds and perspectives to accelerate a new frontier in health. Valo seeks to become the catalyst for the pharmaceutical industry and drive the digital transformation of the industry. Are you ready to join us?
About the Role:
Valo is looking for a Full-stack Software Engineer with experience in front-end and back-end development to help us build out our industry-leading computational drug discovery and development platform. Software engineers are responsible for everything from building new ML-driven web applications to enable research on potential drugs, to developing data tracking and observability features for our software platform and robotics systems. We are taking on hard engineering problems that are found in few other places throughout industry, so we are looking for engineers with the flexibility and ingenuity to match.
Opal is an AI-based platform that leverages human-centric data to enable researchers to discover and develop new drugs. Opal is a fully integrated, AI-powered, cloud-native platform that leverages human-centric data to create new approaches to drug discovery and development enabling researchers to minimize the cost and time associated with discovery, development, and delivery of novel therapeutics. The predictive insights produced by Opal rely on high-quality, high-density human-centric data that is sourced from multiple data sets, processed both remotely and on site through a highly complex process.
What You’ll Do…
- Work iteratively with users to prototype, design, and implement new UIs
- Design, implement, and deliver new features for data intensive ML-driven drug discovery applications, including integration of large-scale data analytics and scientific visualization
- Collaborate with data scientists, life scientists and other stakeholders to drive projects in a highly cross-functional environment
- Help us determine which technologies to invest in, and where existing tools will suffice
- Help hire, train, and mentor new members of the engineering team
What You Bring...
- 8+ years experience in software engineering
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Python
- Experience working across the stack from the DB to the UI, with a passion for every layer
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
You May Also Bring...
- Experience developing systems on AWS Experience with large-scale refactors and migrations
- Experience with ML production systems
- A background in drug discovery
More on Valo
Valo Health, LLC (“Valo”) is a technology company built to transform the drug discovery and development process using human-centric data and artificial intelligence-driven computation. As a digitally native company, Valo aims to fully integrate human-centric data across the entire drug development life cycle into a single unified architecture, thereby accelerating the discovery and development of life-changing drugs while simultaneously reducing costs, time, and failure rates. The company’s Opal Computational Platform™ is an integrated set of capabilities designed to transform data into valuable insights that may accelerate discoveries and enable Valo to advance a robust pipeline of programs across cardiovascular metabolic renal, oncology, and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded by Flagship Pioneering and headquartered in Boston, MA, Valo also has offices in Lexington, MA, New York, NY, and San Francisco, CA. To learn more, visit www.valohealth.com.