Splunk Core Platform On-Demand Consultant
Posted on 6/21/2022
Madison, WI, USA • Houston, TX, USA • Louisville, KY, USA • Nashville, TN...
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Ability to act as the trusted advisor and product specialist for assigned customers
- Able to thoughtfully manage strategic accounts that demand a high level of partnership, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Willingness to stop, collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners
- Superior written and oral communication skills a must
- Listen objectively to others' opinions and ideas utilizing active listening skills
- Strong customer facing skills that instill confidence and provide guidance towards resolution with high customer satisfaction
- Highly developed, operational skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and resolution
- Ability to balance competing priorities with customer demands
- Highly effective at organizing, planning and leading customers through complex change
- Significant experience in technical consulting or big-data analytics
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications
- Solid understanding of scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics
- Cloud Fundamentals Consultant Accreditation (preferred)
- 3+ years demonstrable experience administering and using Splunk
- Splunk ES Implementation Accreditation (preferred)
- 3+ years Splunk ES experience
- UBA Accreditation (preferred)
- Splunk Phantom Certified Admin (preferred)
- 3+ years security experience
- 3+ years networking experience
- 3+ years OS / IT admin experience
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python, etc)
- Threat Intel knowledge (IOC's, TAXII, STIC)
- Familiarity with all Splunk related products including: Security Essentials, Ransomware Essentials and ECSU
- SANS GMON certified or equivalent
- Strategic execution of adoption and optimization activities in long-term engagements, which includes regular meeting cadence, documentation, and representation of valuable outcomes from your work with customers
- High-quality technical guidance on Enterprise level architecture, configuration, and optimization work in complex environments for area of discipline including:
- Splunk Core/Cloud
- Enterprise Security/UBA
- ITOps, DevOps
- Create, drive, and report on customer success plans
- Customer advocacy for key initiatives and discreet needs across the internal Splunk ecosystem
- Serve as a dedicated point of contact for customer needs including adoption, optimization, customer success and technical escalations
- Continual engagement and information sharing with CSM, RSM, SE, PS and other engaged parties
- Statistical and analytical modeling is a plus
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.