Inventory Specialist (Starship)
Posted on 2/3/2022
Cape Canaveral, FL, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of inventory control experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of inventory control experience in a warehouse
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience and understanding of inventory and kitting processes
- Capability to operate a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Ability to work 1st shift Monday through Friday 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Pick, lift, organize, and move standard hardware, raw material, purchased parts, machined details, and assemblies to support inventory control for the F9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft production at Cape Canaveral Launch Site
- Assemble racks, look for parts, organize supplies, and any other tasks directed by inventory control lead and manager
- Perform picking function to create necessary kits of parts, material, and hardware as required and assuring that all parts are accounted for and available in kits
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice/procedures
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Perform daily cycle counts
- Effectively utilize ERP system
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.