Staff Technical Program Manager, Insurance Platform
Posted on 2/26/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Develop program structure and objectives, drive collaboration and alignment with all relevant stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility, and effectively drive end-to-end projects
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization and highlight competing priorities
- Active role in aligning on staffing, priorities, and technical dependencies within Insurance and cross-functional teams in terms of quarterly planning and managing ongoing risk escalation/ mitigation, which could impact the success of the programs
- To ensure accountability and timeline management, manage effective communications to leadership and across teams on critical decisions, status, and risks
- Understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new operating ways, focusing on simplification and productivity
- Provide visibility into key performance indicators, so leaders know risks and opportunities
- Work closely with engineering leadership to define goals, strategy, and plan roadmap to steer engineering teams to achieve excellence in performance and cost optimizations
- Manage a broad set of stakeholders, ongoing communication of the right content to the appropriate audience (technical and non-technical)
- Provide visibility into performance and cost indicators, so leaders know risks and opportunities
- Increase team productivity by identifying and removing obstacles and keeping processes lean
- BA/BS degree, 5-7 years of experience as a TPM, with 7-10 years of industry experience
- Familiar with backend service development and service-oriented architecture. Understanding end-to-end service interaction and its impact on application performance
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem-solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies quickly with minimal lag time
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative
- Demonstrate ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish line
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Exhibit knowledge of Jira or other equivalent task management tooling
- Prior experience in digital payments, insurance, and regulated products in tech, is a plus
Online marketplace for people to list, discover, and book accommodations
Airbnb's mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere and we are focused on creating an end-to-end travel platform that will handle every part of your trip. The company is building a worldwide timeshare marketplace.
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid volunteer time
- Healthy food and snacks
- Generous parental and family leave
- Learning and development
- Annual travel and experiences credit
- Champion the Mission: We’re united with our community to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
- Be a Host: We’re caring, open, and encouraging to everyone we work with.
- Embrace the Adventure: We’re driven by curiosity, optimism, and the belief that every person can grow.
- Be a Cereal Entrepreneur: We’re determined and creative in transforming our bold ambitions into reality.