Senior Software Engineer I
Posted on 10/7/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Essential Abilities
- Server-side tech (especially Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Docker)
- You have experience building server-side tools, applications, APIs, or similar
- You have experience writing and maintaining code with a team at scale
- Working Cross-Functionally
- You have experience working closely with back-end engineers, designers, testers, and product managers. People skills, along with a desire to both learn and teach, are essential
- Producing value, not work
- You frequently ask clarifying questions about the intended impact of the work, weighing options, and devising creative solutions to complex problems
- Showing progress through iteration
- You take a big problem and decompose it into shippable chunks that can ensure all parties are aligned on the outcome
- Business and technical translation
- You are able to translate the non-technical business needs into a clear technical action plan and vice versa, seamlessly
- Promises delivered
- You are known for the ability to make an estimate, establish a deadline collaboratively, and hit that mark
- Nice-to-have Abilities
- Client-side tech (JS / CSS / HTML)
- You have experience writing and maintaining React components
- Backend Engineering
- Backend engineering at Lessonly by Seismic includes the following server-side tech stack; Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Algolia, Redis, Memcached, and whatever comes next
- This job will require the ability to write code according to our Ruby style guide and Rails style guide which will include fixing bugs, authoring and modifying gems, as well as authoring and modifying core and supporting application functionality
Global sales enablement solution
Seismic helps marketing and sales teams fulfill their promise to drive revenue together.
- Generous paid parental leave - Paid time off for moms and dads to spend time bonding with their new bundle of joy.
- End-of-year paid recharge week - Our global offices shut down, allowing us all to unwind while we gear up for the new year ahead.
- High performance bonus incentives - Employees are rewarded on a semi-annual basis for their awesome contributions to Seismic.
- Global company meet-ups - An annual meet-up in sunny San Diego for a week of bonding, learning, and fun.
Company Core Values
- Financial growth