Senior Commercial Counsel
Posted on 11/9/2022
California, USA • Remote • Los Gatos, CA, USA • Scottsdale, AZ, USA
- Draft review, analyze, modify and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements, master services agreement, purchase agreements, data access and security agreements, statements of work, and other various agreements relating to electrical vehicle charging equipment and services
- Interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure and advise on same
- Partnering with internal stakeholders, including sale's leadership, finance, marketing and customer service as appropriate, in a continued effort to streamline contract related processes
- Ensure conformity to business needs, proper risk allocation and compliance with the policies and procedures of the applicable business unit
- Facilitate internal contract approval and stakeholder negotiation to resolve complex issues and assist in disputes (escalating complex legal and factual issues to the appropriate internal parties)
- Prepare contract summaries to assure proper interpretation of contracts
- Position requires a Juris Doctorate and strong preference for membership in good standing with a state bar
- 7+ years of legal experience, including reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of customer facing commercial agreements
- Proven negotiation abilities and business acumen
- Customer-centric and solutions-oriented approach in supporting both external and internal clients while protecting the best interest of the company
- Experience in a global business environment
- Ability to deliver strong results with limited resources, under tight deadlines and with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Research and analytical skills are a differentiating plus
- Strong understanding of commercial and financial implications of strategy development process
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication and presentation styles
- Strong work ethic with ability to work independently
- In-house counsel experience preferred
Electric vehicle charging stations
ChargePoint believes that the rapid transition to electric mobility is essential to building a sustainable future for all. After more than a decade, their mission remains the same—to create technology that will enable the movement of all people and goods on electricity.
- Outdoor Activities - The Los Gatos Creek Trail is just steps from our campus. Bring your bike or your running shoes. Plus you can shower up after your workout.
- Office Parties - Celebration is a part of our culture.
- Pets - Every day is bring-your-dog-to-work day.
- Health Benefits - We offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- EV charging at work - Drive an EV? Our parking lots are fully outfitted with charging stations, so you can plug in and charge up while you work.
- Snacks and Beverages - Our fully stocked kitchens come with a wide variety of healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks and beverages, plus we have an espresso machine.