Missile Flight Analysis Aerospace Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Niceville, FL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Autopilots/Control Systems - the design and development of autopilots for missiles or aircraft, prior experience in tuning (finding optimal gains) for autopilots
- GNC Algorithms - thorough understanding of Proportional Navigation, experience with other guidance schemes
- 6-DOF Simulation - experience in performing trajectory simulation using 6-DOF environments and the evaluation of missiles and/or aircraft
- Scripting - the use of Python or other scripting languages to perform large numbers of simulations for Monte Carlo type analysis
- MATLAB - demonstrated experience in developing MATLAB based control architectures
- Development of or modification of 6-DOF simulation environments
- Conceptual design to include sizing and component level analysis and mass build up
- Prior use of AFSIM or similar operational effectiveness tools
- Ability to create a model of a missile in a 6-DOF environment (aerodynamic tables, time dependent moments of inertia, control actuators)
- Scripting - the use of Python or other scripting languages to perform large numbers of simulations
- Modification of or development of novel guidance schemes
- SWIL/HWIL testing - prior experience in proving out control software using SWIL or HWIL testing
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.