Assistant General Counsel
Posted on 7/15/2022
Remote • New York, NY, USA
- J.D. from an Accredited Law School
- Member of the Bar - preferably in NY
- 3-5 years as a practicing health care attorney, ideally with in-houseexperience
- Healthcare experience required
- Outstanding academic credentials, excellent communication skills and attention todetail
- Background must include expertise in general contract work, including reviewing,drafting and negotiating
- Deep knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and state privacy laws
- Demonstrated expertise analyzing risks and making risk determinations
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to handle a high-volume workload in a “roll upyour sleeves” environment
- Capability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment,prioritize workflow, and adjust to frequent fluctuations in workload and businessimperatives
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts and subcontracts, includingcontract modifications, contract compliance, and contract requirements preferably in thehealthcare space with large payer organizations
- Telehealth, behavioral health, health insurance experience is a plus
- Experience with privacy reporting and training is a plus
Virtual behavioral healthcare
AbleTo wants to empower people to get better and stay better. At AbleTo, they're solving the biggest problems in behavioral health: ensuring access to care and upholding impeccable quality.
- Progressive parental leave - A most modern benefit so both new mothers and fathers can bond as a family.
- Fully-funded HRA - You and your family’s health are important to us, so we fund a generous HRA that fully covers most deductibles.
- Creative lifestyle benefits - Enjoy discounts on entertainment and travel, as well as complimentary fitness classes and spa treatments for you and your family.
- Generous time off - We encourage individual holiday traditions and work-life balance, so in addition to corporate holidays and paid time off (PTO), we offer two floating holidays and three mental health days.
- Telecommuting and flexible working arrangements - Whether full-time, part-time, or once in a while, we trust you to work from the comfort of your own home. Or on your patio. That works for us too.
- Immediate 401(k) matching - We won’t wait a year or two to invest in your future— participate in 100% vesting from day 1.
- People first - Take care of those in need above everything else.
- One team - Create an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency. And have a little fun!
- Stay curious - Try things and learn. Discover with intention. And remember, it’s always okay to ask for help.
- Sweat the small stuff - Care about the details, require the highest standards of quality, and use the best science.
- Let change fuel you - Embrace the journey and be resilient.
- Make a difference - Innovate to create meaningful impact. Turn your passion into purpose. Own it and make it happen.