Senior Java Developer Consultant
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Problem solving skills, Self-Motivated & leadership qualities
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified by spending your first two months in training to become a domain expert
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio
- Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML
- Execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development
- Lead and mentor junior members on a customer project
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.