The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
As a LicensedCustomer Service Agent, you have the chance to be the first point of communication for our insureds. In this role, you can expect to handle questions regarding policies, payments, cancellations and other topics, as needed. You will interact with our customers however is most convenient for them, including phone, email, and chat. It is important that you are knowledgeable in the property insurance space; at this time, we are seeking applicants that currently hold an active Personal Lines insurance License.
A day in the life could include:
- Interacting with current policyholders to resolve issues, answer questions, and beyond
- Contacting customers banking institution to obtain additional details
- Creating/updating policies for customers to review
- Submitting payments in addition to issuing refunds
- Requesting any necessary documentation
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Holds an active Personal Lines Insurance license
- Have a strong technical ability
- Superior people skills and a strong empathetic nature
- Ability to work with those in distress; you can de-escalate and resolve customer concerns via phone
- Superb attention to detail (it seems obvious, but this one is important!)
- You love learning new skills and can work with tools such as G-Suite, Slack, Zoom and Kustomer
- You are flexible and coachable
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus, but not required
- Experience in a call center/high incoming call volume environment at plus, but not required
- We are open to server our customers 6 days a week, Monday through Sunday, from 7AM to 7PM Central Time.
- Our Customer Service team members join us on an 8AM-5PM CT training schedule and receive their permanent schedule during their first month of training.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability + Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education + professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.