Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
- JD from an accredited school and current member in good standing of the bar in at least one state in the United States
- Great project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and advance multiple concurrent deals on tight deadlines while producing strong quality work product
- Excellent judgment, and ability to make timely, pragmatic, and business-focused decisions in ambiguous situations with imperfect information
- A strong work ethic, sense of ownership, accountability, and proactive willingness to jump in and do whatever needs to be done
- Experience drafting and negotiating data privacy terms, including but not limited to, CCPA, GLBA and GDPR contract terms
- Clear and concise communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of global commercial agreements, including highly complex and novel agreements
- Collaborate with and provide strategic and legal advice to various cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, sales, product, finance, tax, customer ops and risk
- Lead or participate in projects to improve internal processes and increase the efficiency and scalability of the Commercial Legal team
- Train and help educate internal business partners
- Manage and resolve legal issues that arise in existing domestic and international commercial relationships
- Support Commercial Legal efforts related to M&A integrations
- Build and improve templates for global revenue-generating commercial agreements
- Build collaborative and effective working relationships with various teams in the U.S. and internationally
- 5+ years of complex commercial drafting and negotiation experience (ideally on revenue-generating contracts); prior in-house experience is a plus
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.