Sr. Data Analyst
Posted on 4/5/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- 5+ years of experience in data science, quantitative business analysis, and/or statistical analysis; or relevant Master's Degree / MBA with 2+ years of experience
- MBA or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Scientific field, Finance, or Accounting
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently under direction of manager
- Experience leveraging PowerPoint to outline analytic results and make proposals
- Understanding of how to leverage regression analysis and decision trees to prove merits of a proposed improvement
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Basic SQL skills
- Minimum level of Math coursework: Calculus 1, Statistics 1 (math problem solving skills required)
- MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations Research , Industrial Engineering, Scientific field, Finance, or Accounting
- Prior experience in one or more of more of: business analysis or consulting
- Advanced SQL querying skills
- Tableau for developing business reports
- Coursework in Statistical Programming, Simulation, Regression
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret Probability Distributions, Hypothesis Testing, Regression techniques like Logistic Regression, Confidence Intervals
- Develop and implement business improvements, including:
- Provide real time analysis of our loan portfolio and new loan originations to identify and understand items that could substantially impair portfolio returns
- Detect quality breakdowns in our credit/underwriting system that create credit, legal, or bank partner focused compliance risks
- Drive improvements in credit performance by finding pockets of low risk consumer where we can approve more loans
- Use multivariate statistical/predictive models to conduct diagnostic analysis to answer key business questions
- PowerPoint Presentations: Develop PowerPoint presentations that summarize your analysis and your recommendations. Present your findings to VP level Executives
- Financial Measurement: Measure the likely cost and benefit of business improvements
- Analytics: Leverage combination of following to drive actionable business insights: Financial modeling, SQL, hypothesis testing, statistical analysis and forensic analysis
- Reporting: Design portfolio monitoring, processes, and controls for managing credit risk and identifying root causes of changes in loan performance
- Execution: See your recommendations through from hypothesis, to proposal, to implementation. You will be expected to play an active role to drive your proposals all the way into implementation - you will be required to be hands on to make this happen and ensure your proposals deliver desired business results
Personal financial assessments & debt solutions
Freedom Financial Network's mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Paid Vacation. (increases with tenure)
- PTO for your birthday.
- 401k with employer match.
- Paid holidays & sick days.
- PTO for volunteer work.
- Parent Leave.
- Pet Insurance.
Company Core Values
- Care (for everyone)
- Get Better (every day)
- Act With Integrity (every time)
- Collaborate (with everybody)