Licensed Optical Manager - Westfield
Posted on 7/8/2022
Westfield, NJ, USA
- A licensed dispensing optician in states that require a license (or an ABO-certified optician in non-licensing states) who's been in a management position for 2+ years
- A strong leader and mentor who exhibits model behavior, drives optical metrics, and adheres to strict optical standards
- Able to operate with a high sense of professionalism and open-mindedness when making decisions on behalf of the team
- Passionate about the eyewear and retail industries
- A clear and effective communicator-you can break down technical terms for customers to easily understand
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to make customers (and your teammates!) happy
- Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of prioritizing tasks and responsibilities for yourself and your team in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Someone who takes your work very seriously, but not yourself
- Not on the Office of Inspector General's List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Work directly with customers to help meet all of their eyewear needs
- Take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Use your expertise to explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers
- Report to the Store Leader, working together to anticipate staffing needs and oversee Optician Apprentice Program participants
- Manage a team of Opticians by giving and receiving feedback, holding ongoing development conversations, and leading by example on the floor
- Uphold exceptional service standards when working with customers and implement retail experience programs that increase their loyalty and engagement
- Stay up to date with HR policies and procedures to promote a productive, safe culture in the store and leverage company resources to increase employees' engagement and job satisfaction
- Support general store systems, inventory databases, and business operations
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
- Treat customers the way we’d like to be treated.
- Create an environment where employees can think big, have fun, and do good.
- Get out there.
- Green is good.