Senior Payments Product Counsel
Posted on 4/14/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Support all things payments related by providing timely, concise and business-focused legal advice on federal and state payments and/or banking laws, card processing activity, rules and regulations, including UDAAP and BSA/AML
- Structure, draft, negotiate and review agreements with various financial institutions and partners
- Provide ideas, solutions and insights on compliant new products that create meaningfully impact our customers
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and advertising laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the business
- A J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing as well as 7+ years of combined law firm, government and/or in-house experience
- Familiarity and experience with the payments, banking or financial-technology (fin-tech) industry and related legal issues, including the laws, rules and regulations related to banks, bank partners, and/or the participants in various payments systems, including processors and program managers
- Expertise in the area of payments, including card processing, network rules, ACH, and ledgers. Extensive knowledge of financial services and payments compliance requirements and regulations, including anti-money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act, Gramm-Leach, Regulations E and Z, sanctions regulations, and know-your-customer requirements
- The ability to provide timely, concise, and business-focused legal advice on federal and state consumer financial laws
- Familiarity with, and have a strong interest in mobile and alternative payments, emerging payments technology, and the payments industry
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Been able to develop positive relationships with internal partners (including senior company executives) and external stakeholders
Mobile banking & debit cards
Chime's mission is to make financial peace of mind a reality for everyone. The company has created "a new approach to online banking that doesn’t rely on fees, gets you your paycheck up to 2 days early with direct deposit, and helps you grow your savings automatically."
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- Be member-obsessed.
- Be human.
- Be bold.
- Make it happen.
- Respect the rules.
- Team up.
- Chime in.