Head of People Operations
Posted on 4/26/2022
- 5+ years of experience in People Ops/People Business Partnership and 3+ years in a people leadership role
- Experience participating in decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), web3 teams, or the blockchain/distributed-web space
- Past experience in remote and globally distributed companies
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment, adapting and adjusting quickly to changing priorities
- Experience having built underlying people processes from scratch that are highly scalable and flexible
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate data for different audiences
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment, and to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
- Proven ability to take ownership of a problem from start to finish without missing requirements
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Proven analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable next steps, projects and processes
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- Excellent Google suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms) and/or Notion skills
- Familiarity with Namely, Greenhouse, Lattice, Culture Amp, Notion, and Gusto
- Craft the web3-native vision for people operations across the Protocol Labs Network (PLN), and pioneer web-native primitives and processes to support long-term talent growth and successful journeys across PLN teams & companies
- Lead the People Ops team, serving as an advisor, coach, and partner to individual contributors, managers, and senior leadership throughout the PLN
- Build scalable programs and processes that are supportive of a web3 (decentralized) community of collaborators - including new exemplars for web3 team onboarding, performance reviews, engagement, compensation, and more
- Take a systems-oriented approach to designing, scaling, and refining people programs to align incentives between teams, individuals, and organizations
- Develop and manage the People Ops team - including collaboration with senior leadership to ensure alignment between our People Ops team and the greater PLN mission and vision
- Engage in some of our highest-priority PLN efforts, and convert ideas into tangible results with the People Ops team
- Ensure People Ops' goals support the short-term needs of the PLN while also planning for the long-term growth of the PLN - in terms of both individual and team pathways/lifecycles within the network
- Provide operational leadership, coaching and hands-on contributions for People programs, such as performance, analytics, employee engagement, DE+I, L&D, ongoing learning/skill development, on/offboarding, and more - all in a web3-native form
- Review/audit processes and data, identify opportunities to scale, streamline and improve processes and procedures, and recommend and implement solutions while understanding downstream impact
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Company Core Values
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.