Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game. We have a deep love for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of. We believe that by creating an environment of trust, potential for growth, psychological safety, Engineering Excellence, and fun, we can ship some of the most amazing experiences in the world of interactive entertainment.
As a Software Engineer III on our team, you will:
- Prototype new functionality and exploring new experiences, eventually rolling these into full production.
- Own major systems, contributing significantly to portions of architecture and design for our game software.
- Work alongside other engineering professionals, you are a clear and streamlined communicator, and a standout colleague.
- You excel at crafting and writing stable, performant software, as well as optimizing user experiences by working with design and content creators.
- You will evaluate and understand the potential impacts of your implementations, and will make evidence-based recommendations on our path forward.
- You’ll make deep contributions to crucial technologies that make our product outstanding.
We expect candidates to hold the team to high standards by demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. Together, we will collaborate with leadership, improve tools and processes, collaborate with QA, and deliver software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love!
What You Bring:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Has developed software on at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or PlayStation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and expertly with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and PlayStation platforms.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You:
Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $95,000 and $140,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.