Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Seattle or Us Remote)
Posted on 3/31/2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- PHD in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience building production Machine Learning systems (experience with classification problems preferred)
- Knowledge of both the theory and application of ML algorithms
- Experienced Software Engineer, with proficiency in systems design and data processing. Candidates should have hands-on experience with Python and ML libraries (e.g., scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, matplotlib, pandas etc), SQL, and Spark
- You're motivated by creating a meaningful impact for our customers and business. You're excited to take on a variety of tasks to help your product and team be successful
- Experience making tough technical tradeoffs. You sweat the details to understand the impacts of these tradeoffs and find a careful balance between short-term outcomes and long-term effects
- Build models that make automated decisions on billions of dollars worth of international money transfers
- Build machine learning models that detect malicious activity and actors in our system
- Work with the ML infrastructure team to ensure models can meet latency and uptime requirements
- Work with the engineers on the Fraud engineering team to guarantee a robust pipeline of new features to add to implement
- Mentor other MLEs and Data Scientists to elevate the overall expertise of the team
- Collaborate with leadership to set our ML Program and strategy vision
- Report to the Director of Fraud Prevention
Remitly is a mobile payments service that enables users to make person-to-person international money transfers.
- Continuing Education or Travel Stipend
- Office Culture
- Flexible PTO, Schedules and Leaves
- DEI Learning Opportunities
- Community Engagement
- Inclusive Benefits
- Customer centricity: We are here to listen to, learn from and serve our customers. Period.
- Deliver on promises: We help our customers deliver on their promises by keeping our promises. We are accountable for our commitments, no matter how small.
- Hire & develop exceptional people: We hire unique and diverse talent who embrace challenges and grow on the job. We coach and invest to help every employee succeed.
- Act with integrity: We have zero tolerance for unethical people, products, practices or partners.
- Sweat the details: We roll up our sleeves and stay connected to the details. We don’t settle for “good enough”.
- Data driven: We attempt to measure everything, then use qualitative and quantitative insights to make better decisions.
- Bias for action: We urgently prioritize and act. A good decision now is better than a great decision later. When necessary, we disagree and commit.
- Be an owner: We think, act and take responsibility beyond our immediate team and role, to benefit our customers, colleagues and the broader business.
- Aim for the stars: We dream big, think long term, and create amazing customer experiences.
- Continuously improve: We are humble, curious and self-driven learners. We work hard to find the “best” way to do something, then keep trying to find an even better way.
- Don't be afriad to fail: We are purpose-driven and don't let fear impact our decisions or actions. When experiments fail or we make mistakes, we learn fast, openly share our learnings, and jump right back in.
- Lead authentically: Everyone is a leader. We are open, self-aware, and enthusiastically share knowledge and context to help others succeed.