Founded in 2019, Lumafield has developed the world’s first accessible X-Ray CT scanner for engineers. Our easy-to-use scanner and cloud-based software give engineers the ability to see their work clearly, inside and out, at an extremely affordable price.
Engineers make million-dollar decisions every day, and they need tools that give them the greatest possible insight into their products. By offering unprecedented visibility into products, as well as AI-driven tools that highlight problems and generate quantitative data, Lumafield promises to revolutionize the way complex products are created, manufactured, and used across industries.
We are an impact driven company obsessed with providing the best value to our customers keeping their needs at the center of our evolution. Our team today includes world-class researchers and industrial designers, PhDs, creators, founders of successful startups, and zero egos. We are backed by top venture capital funds like Kleiner Perkins, Lux Capital, DCVC, Spark Capital, and others.
The company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has an office in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role:
Lumafield is looking for a driven Application Engineer to join our rapidly growing Application Engineering team to build and release scalable solutions. In this role you will work very closely with a wide range of customers to best understand their technical needs during the pre-sale, onboarding, and training processes. By innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems from inception to production.
What You’ll Do:
- Become a trusted advisor by actively listening and communicating with customers to accomplish their goals
- Work on projects related to pre-sales support, project engineering, customer support, product training, tradeshows, and marketing support
- Apply our out-of-the-box product wherever possible to meet customer objectives in pre-sales and post deployment
- Work closely with Engineering and R&D teams to prototype and develop new solutions where required
- Participate in the measurement and achievement of customer satisfaction surveys and metrics
- Design product related technical marketing content and training materials
- Manage expectations and engagement scope to ensure a clear understanding of technological capabilities and limitations
- Create a lasting impact on transforming quality manufacturing operations as well as making critical industries safer and more sustainable
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or related engineering field
- 1+ years of experience working in an Engineering, Technical Sales, Technical Support, or Production role
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (technical negotiations, formal presentations, etc.)
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, etc.
- Familiarity with mechanical hardware and basic software/firmware
- Can-do attitude with a strong desire and willingness to help customers reach their goals
- Comfortability in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Understanding of Engineering principles and processes
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Onshape, Adaptability, and HubSpot
Lumafield offers both competitive cash and equity compensation, as well as a health & wellness stipend, 401k, parental leave, flexible PTO, commuter benefits, company wide events and more!
Lumafield is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, because the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Do you feel like your skills don’t meet every single requirement listed? We encourage you to apply anyway – If you’re excited about our technology, the opportunity, and are eager to learn more we’d love to hear from you!
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Reach out if you want to be a part of what we are building.