At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that help keep your mouth healthy.
We are looking for a Sr. Inventory Accountant to manage and oversee effective preparation, analysis, and insight for inventory balances. They will ensure accurate and timely closing processes are in place and implement measures to identify all material transactions are appropriately recorded. This position will be responsible for analyzing inventory related data to provide insight into operational performance. It will also require excellent analytical skills, experience in inventory management and variance analysis and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
This role reports directly to the Accounting Manager. With the proper multitasking and time management abilities, this individual will thrive as a member of the Finance Team and at quip.
Base Salary: $85-$100k
This range represents anticipated base salary range for this position, in addition to competitive benefits and equity (as applicable). We carefully assess and consider several factors with each candidate, including location, role-related knowledge, experience and skills. Compensation may vary based on these considerations.
- Coordinate the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of period end close activities for inventory and related inventory reserves, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Manage end-to-end inventory processes and provide analysis of company performance by collecting, interpreting, and presenting key reports to management
- Verify inventory counts and recording adjustments to inventory levels for items that have been used, damaged, or lost.
- Support annually the standard cost update; confirm all costs are updated in ERP system
- Coordinate inventory reporting of receipt and consumption activities via WMS.
- Ensure that all inventory transactions details are recorded accurately in ERP system
- Collaborate with FP&A, Accounts Payable, Production, Operations, and Logistics departments to ensure accurate recording of inventory and related expenses
- Protect integrity of inventory by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Monitor inventory accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Review purchase orders for accuracy and ensure appropriate approval by team members.
- Assist with the financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements to ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles
- Remain current on industry-specific accounting standards, guidance, and trends
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience, preferably in the D2C/Retail/Health services space or in related disruptive space.
- Solid understanding of inventory and cost accounting
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the design and implementation of new accounting systems and processes
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, professional, with people management experience
- Expert multi-tasker, able to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables within tight time frames
- Ability and willingness to adapt in a quickly and efficiently rapidly changing, start-up environment
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- CPA or CMA license preferred but not required
- You’ll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive medical benefits, quip covers 95% of medical coverage for employees, starting your first day of employment.
- Free dental benefits as part of quip’s Dental Program (NYC Residents)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (~30% savings)
- Dependent care FSA
- Entire quip product line, refill plan, and employee discount
- $400 incentivized gym reimbursement through our insurance
- Open Vacation Policy
- Computer and supplies provided
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health resources
- Fully-stocked kitchen with kombucha, cold brew, and beer on tap
- Fun and inclusive culture! We offer People Resource Groups including quip Pride and quip Womxn’s Network and Interest Groups like quip Book Club.
- Team and company happy hours
- quip Swag
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Competitive paid parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly office
- Sequoia Smartspend, offering discounts on things like travel, car rentals, cell phone plans, home goods, pet insurance, and more.
- High potential for growth in a start-up atmosphere
quip is a modern oral health company launched in 2015 that provides thoughtfully designed personal oral care products and professional dental care services through a digital platform that makes oral care more simple, accessible, and enjoyable. The current personal care offerings include a wide selection of American Dental Association accepted (ADA seal) adult and kid electric toothbrushes, smart brushes, refillable floss pick and string, refillable mouthwash and gum, all kept fresh with a refill delivery service. quip’s professional platform, which is behind quip Aligners and quipcare, is part of the company’s future vision to connect personal care, oral health monitoring and professional care in one digital oral care companion app that helps access and manage all your oral care needs and guide and incentivize good oral health habits.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.