Director – Identity and Access Management
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Washington, DC, USA • Remote in USA
- Proven experience building enterprise-class IAM programs at global companies
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security management
- Proven team building and team leadership experience
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams with quickly changing priorities
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order of priorities on the fly
- Experience working with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is highly desirable
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; equivalent experience also accepted
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- 10+ years of overall technology experience with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience implementing and integrating SaaS solutions to provide enterprise-grade security capabilities
- Ability to use Python to automate repetitive tasks is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred
- Partner strategically with department heads and build functional relationships with peers across the organization to understand how identity and access are managed across all systems in the enterprise
- Understand and guide the maturation of all IAM processes including but not limited to access provisioning, access changes, access termination, and access reviews
- Work with constituents to build role definitions that meet business needs, implement the principle of least privilege, and avoid entitlement combinations that break segregation of duties controls
- Work with constituents to build, implement, and maintain a role-based access control (RBAC) model
- Develop and lead the execution of multi-year plans related to scaling IAM processes with the rapid growth of Circle's business
- Build the team responsible for second-line oversight of all IAM functions
- As a technology leader with hands-on experience, develop a team with deep technical skills; coach and mentor individual contributors
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure compliance with SOX, financial market regulations, industry best practices, and customer obligations
- Plan and lead initiatives to automate key IAM tasks using either industry tools or custom tools as required by the situation
- Develop and lead periodic control tests for IAM controls
- Collaborate with IT leadership and other teams to develop, integrate, operate, and maintain solutions, processes, and teams responsible for access administration
- Plan and lead threat modeling, risk assessment, security assessments, and security testing projects; collaborate with system and process owners to mitigate identified risks
- Research and recommend new tools in support of business requirements
- Lead the development and enhancement of security controls
- Write documentation such as procedures, reports, training materials, and user guides
- Support other security team projects such as regulatory exams and audits
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.