Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an impactful and entrepreneurial Account Executive to join our Direct Enterprise Sales Team which is focused on new sales across the country. This opportunity includes selling our data to direct customers providing utility data in a timely manner for Accounts Payable, Energy Management, and Loan Approval / Credit scoring.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What You’ll Do:
- Sell and grow customer base as well as prospecting for new business
- Develop a go to market strategy for a set of named and geography based accounts
- Negotiate a complex sales process with mid-level as well as executive buyers
- Quantify value in the form of a return on investment or business case
- Manage timely revenue through a repeatable process (Sequence of events or Action Plan)
- Serve as the virtual CEO to rally internal team members to serve emerging opportunities
- Close business in a predictable manner using MEDDIC Requirements
What will help you succeed:
- 8 + years of experience selling in both large and small startup companies
- Strong verbal, written, and analytics skills
- Highly passionate self-starter that’s willing to develop and work a territory plan
- The ability to work with marketing and SDR inside sales to plan and execute appointments
- Experience developing and delivering return on investment and or Business Value Assessment
- Prospecting skills and experience with LinkedIn, Vito, Email, Phone processes
- Ability to communicate optimally with senior level (economic buyers)
- Represent opportunities to the company with an account plan to drive consensus
- Experience with one of the following sales methodologies
- Power Base selling
- Force Management
- Solution Selling
- Challenger Sales
- Experience working in solar, utilities, or a related field
- Relationships with property management, energy management, or other similar real estate businesses
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 17 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Target Annual Compensation Range for this role will be $95,600 to $191,200. There will also be a competitive incentive compensation package, as well as benefits and equity components to the package. The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills, experience, and location of the qualified candidate.