WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
As an Account Executive on our Small Medium Business team, you’ll be responsible for seeking out new opportunities within both new logos and our existing customer base. We’re looking for a self-driven, out-of-the-box thinker who’s energized by taking the time to understand our customers and how Box can help meet their content management and collaboration needs. You will be the CEO of your own territory, prioritizing accounts in a highly strategic fashion and continuing to help build the future of Box.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the full sales-cycle, including prospecting, running discovery calls and demos, negotiating, and closing new business
- Understand use cases and how to sell across different industries and multiple lines of business
- Facilitate high quality discovery calls to identify customer pain points in organizations with up to 500 employees
- Understand an account’s needs and effectively communicate how Box will meet those needs
- Rapidly learn online Collaboration and Content Management and the Box model
- Use Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecast
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years in a sales role, with a track record of success
- Grit and energy to get deals over the line
- Business acumen to tie Box’s product to specific business outcomes
- Extreme curiosity to learn about the product, the industry, and your customer’s businesses
- Obvious passion and people skills with consistent over-achievement in past experiences
- Technically adept; experienced with web technologies
Head-over-heels about this role — but not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience.
Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
Notice to applicants in Los Angeles: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Box is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual base salary (or OTE if commissionable role) is dependent upon factors such as: knowledge, skill level, experience, and work location. This role is also eligible for equity and benefits. For more information on benefits, check out our healthcare benefits and additional Box Benefits + Perks.
United States Pay Range