Senior Product Designer
Payroll & Tax Applications
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You're an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You're curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You're committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You're honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- A minimum of 5 years in product design
- Excellent visual communication skills, and effective communication overall (written/verbal communication)
- Bias for taking initiative and ownership of work, filling in the blanks when encountered by ambiguity
- Inquisitive and poke holes in suggestions and ideas
- Skilled with user research, front end coding, project management, product discovery, and/or UX writing a plus
- Confidence in making technical decisions that are best at that given point in time and comfort with making decisions with incomplete information
- You have a growth mindset and seek feedback early and often from your coworkers and customers
- Proficiency in design and research tools (like Figma, Miro, UserTesting, etc)
- Experience building and launching new products a plus
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers, product marketing and other designers to identify and define product opportunities
- Play a key role in the product design lifecycle, including discovery, ideation, designing wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, visual design, and creating detailed product specifications
- Approach problems critically, help refine statements of the problems, and come up with many ideas on how we might solve them
- Clearly articulate objectives as you explore different possibilities
- Work closely with a small team trying to move quickly to figure out what works, together, and deliver the polished final product
- Interview potential users - internal and external - and conduct research to uncover customer problems and opportunities
- Lead workshops and effectively align the group around a vision and approach
- Compose design directions that show breadth in exploring potential solutions
- Strengthen and critique different directions the team can take
- Implement constructive dissent, searching for clarity on what the team's goals are, taking the time to listen and understand one another, and deciding what the best course of action is
- Build and test prototypes that range in fidelity depending on the question being answered
- Contribute to and author our culture / processes that will help define and empower our growing team
- Learn from our experiences to iterate and improve the product and process
- Support design decisions with data and insights
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Payroll and benefits facilities platform
Justworks’ mission is to help entrepreneurs and businesses grow with confidence. The company is building software for payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance.
- Health - Believe in our vision. Medical and dental, too. Get support for your mental and financial health. Beta test new benefits and perks for our platform.
- Workplace - Volunteer and get paid to give back. Take paid parental leave. Enjoy monthly team events that help turn coworkers into lifelong friends.
- Wellness - Enjoy subsidized ClassPass memberships. Take advantage of regular yoga, meditation, and other wellness programming.
- Perks - Be an owner, not an employee. Get time off whenever you need it. Take a sabbatical. Invest in your future financially and with professional learning and development opportunities.
Company Core Values
- Camaraderie - As a growing company ourselves, we know how crucial teamwork, higher purpose, and a healthy dose of fun can be to success. We’re here to help businesses bring great people together to accomplish important things, while enjoying themselves at the same time.
- Openness - We believe in radical transparency. This means we will never charge hidden fees, we will always be upfront with what we can and cannot do, and if we're not a good fit for you, we'll help you understand who might be.
- Grit - They say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. We are a team of hardworking individuals who are building the best product there is to help your business succeed. We are here to do the hard work.
- Integrity - Without trust, there is no partnership. And without integrity, there is no trust. We will always be open with you about changes and charges. You can always reach out to us with questions, concerns or if you just want to chat about your business needs.
- Simplicity - Payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance aren't traditionally known for their simplicity. But we've made it our mission to streamline and simplify these normally complicated parts of doing business. This means an easy-to-use product for both you and your employees.