Customer Success Manager
Posted on 1/4/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote • New York, NY, USA • Denver, CO, USA
- 2-4 years experience in high-volume customer facing roles (Customer Care, Customer Success, Account Manager, Sales Development Representative), preferably in the tech industry
- Passionate about helping small business owners achieve more success through empathetic and consultative conversations
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to experiment as we continue to build this team
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics like payroll and R&D tax credits in an easy-to-understand way
- Analytic and strategic thinker with the ability to translate individual conversations into themes and recommendations
- Energized by learning new skills to do the best work of your life
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Proactive outreach to current customers through outbound calls and email communication in the moments that matter. This might be a touchpoint in a customer's first 90 days with Gusto, or a call to educate them on features they might not know about
- Use your deep Gusto product knowledge and Sandler skills to help our current customers adopt the features they need to support their business needs
- Gather and share insights from your calls: What are some themes we're hearing from our customers? What can we learn? What can we do better?
- Represent the voice of the customer! You will fuel the feedback engine to inform our sales processes, our product roadmap, and help shape Gusto to be the product of our customers' dreams
- Use your communication and partnership skills to educate cross functional stakeholders and compel action
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
Company Core Values
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.