Interior Technical Program Manager
Posted on 11/12/2021
Irvine, CA, USA
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree 12+ years experience in automotive product development or project management Detailed knowledge of the automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices A deep understanding of an automotive Interior including interfacing systems & components Knowledge of the materials, processes & technologies used to deliver Interior engineering content A system-based approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement A demonstrated ability to solve problems using a first-principle physics based approach An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment First-class communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across multiple sites & time zones Comfort presenting detailed information to a wide range of audiences Excellent time management skills The ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects with differing timelines Excellent commercial and financial awareness Microsoft Office suite proficiency Flexibility to travel to launch locations for extended periods as necessary Previous people leader experience advantageous but not required
- Work within a matrix organization to ensure delivery of the vehicle Interior through the complete Rivian Development Process
- Ensure program imperatives (piece cost, tooling, ED&D, mass etc.) are cascaded, communicated, reported and achieved at every stage of the project
- Ensure the Interior Engineering team are delivering to the vehicle specification book, features & options list and Color & Material specifications
- Champion simultaneous engineering across the business, ensuring all stakeholders are involved in timely decision making to support on-time engineering release
- Lead the coordination of Studio & surfacing inputs into the Interior Engineering release process
- Create and maintain the overall Engineering schedule including, but not limited to, supplier sourcing, surface release timing, engineering release, tooling lead times, part quality maturation lead times
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and outsourced engineering resource providers to identify all cross functional interdependencies and ensure on-time project delivery, establishing and implementing recovery plans as needed
- Lead the development and implementation of plans to ensure on-time delivery of parts to Mule and pre-production builds, establishing and implementing recovery plans as needed
- Lead cross-functional issue resolution on-site at launch locations
- Ensure the Interior team works to a common standard & template for the development of all technical specifications, DVP&Rs and DFMEAs
- Facilitate training of new employees in processes such as the Rivian Design Process, DFMEAs & DVP&Rs
- Coordinate the generation & development of Rivian Design Standards
- Exhibit Rivian Compass in everything you do
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team