Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Advancing technology through pioneering physical science research.
HRL Laboratories, LLC stands out as a leading-edge technology company with a 70-year history of pioneering research and real-world solutions, particularly in ultra-high-performance circuitry, robust computing and communications, automated data extraction, and innovative architected materials. The company's collaborative approach with LLC Member companies, government, commercial and academic institutions has led to groundbreaking advances in technologies that operate in space, on aircraft, in automobiles, and in consumer products, enhancing safety, national security, and quality of life. With a team of leading experts in their fields, HRL offers challenging work and exciting career opportunities in a prime location overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Food & Agriculture
Industrial & Manufacturing
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 9%
1 year growth↑ 19%
2 year growth↑ 32%
Malibu, CA, USA
- 10+ years of experience with CAD design (e.g. Solidworks), FEM analysis, analytical, and numerical methods for solving real-world 1D, 2D, and 3D heat flow and mechanical (e.g. stress/strain) problems
- Experience planning, conducting, and analyzing experiments. Creative problem solving and strong organizational skills
- Hands-on experience using industry analytical simulation tool such as ANSYS Mechanical, Thermal Desktop, COMSOL, or other thermal FEA tools. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth in the fields of heat transfer, thermodynamics, material science, two-phase thermo-physics, and thermal engineering, is highly desired
- Keywords: "thermomechanical", "thermo-mechanical"
- Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At HRL, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
- HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our Regular/Full Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Develop innovative thermal mechanical design solutions for managing heat loads on complex systems
- Perform sub-system and system level thermal analysis and modeling. Design and execute tests to validate the thermal modeling
- Develop standard practices and guidelines for thermal FEA and common hand calculations
- Summarize key findings in written documents and oral presentations. Contribute to proposals, write reports, and develop schedule estimates
- The base salary range for this full-time position is $158,400 - $198,000 + + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specifics during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include potential or benefits