Engineering Technician II
Posted on 11/10/2022
Poulsbo, WA, USA
- Graduate of an accredited technical institute or apprentice program in electronics above the high school level or successful completion of a military electronics course equivalent to U.S. Navy "C" school and at least two years' experience in the test and repair of electronic/electrical equipment
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment and operation of various hand held power tools
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or ability to obtain a minimum of an interim Secret prior to commencement of employment
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must complete a background check and physical to be able to obtain a DOT license
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must meet all COVID guideline listed within this job posting
- Candidate will be responsible for conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and shipboard installation of towed bodies while working pier side, in all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment
- Travel overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required
- Candidate will be responsible to review technical documentation, identify discrepancies and submit TMDERS (Technical Manuals Deficiency/Evaluation Report) corrections
- This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other Towed Arrays IMAs in order to meet US Navy operational schedules
- Selected applicant will receive on the job training in accordance with established Personnel Qualifications Standards (PQS) to qualify as a Towed Array IMA Technician and Pier-Side Supervisor within a 12-month period
- Upon completing qualifications, the selected candidate will take on technical lead assignments supporting IMA day-to-day operations
- Selected applicant must be able to interact with Navy, Government, and civilian support contractors
- The candidate will assume additional collateral duties from time to time as assigned by the site manager
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Prior experience working on Towed Array systems
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.