About the Role
The Sr. Director, Compensation & People Analytics is a creative thought leader, passionate about creating a high-performance work environment by leading a world-class, industry leading compensation portfolio and pioneering innovative people analytics and insights. We are committed to hiring the best of the best and helping them thrive, and this person will have the opportunity to develop programs to attract, retain and motivate top talent from a diverse landscape. As an analytical leader, you are responsible for the development, design, operation, and administration of a progressive comprehensive global compensation and analytics strategy that aligns with business and drives employee success.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, and as part of a dynamic People Leadership team, you will design and implement innovative next-generation rewards programs and deliver thoughtful and insightful people analytics products. You will work closely with our Business Partner team to educate the organization on our Compensation philosophy and programs and establish yourself as a subject matter expert. You will lead with data-driven insights and be a data-savvy storyteller – responsible for delivering analytical products and insights that facilitate the right conversations and actions needed for achieving strategic HR and business goals.
You will grow your people-leadership skills by coaching, guiding, and project managing other team members. You will be responsible for reinforcing 10x’s compensation philosophy and delivering thoughtful and insightful people analytics products that empower HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and Total Rewards to have immediate impact across the organization. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to roll up your sleeves and work hands-on while simultaneously providing strategic direction in program development to a highly innovative and evolving organization.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute significantly to the evolution of compensation programs, including executive compensation, performance based compensation and equity at 10X Genomics, that will require you to work closely with all levels of the organization
- Leverage your analytical skills by taking the lead on analysis scoping, model design, and synthesizing findings into recommendations
- Own the preparation and accuracy of information being presented at board meetings
- Take on opportunities to build and evolve process, approach, and program design
- Manage programs and projects with a high level of innovation and autonomy while developing your people-leadership skills
- Take on highly visible work and impact one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, working with the support of, and line of sight to our CEO
- Partner with the recruiting team to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy, for new hires and existing employees
- Build investment in and create advocates of our compensation philosophy through meaningful engagement with our People & Culture partners and organizational leaders
- Join a data-driven team that is pioneering innovative approaches to compensation
- You have a B.A./B.S. in a related field with 15+ years of progressive compensation experience and increasing levels of responsibility in the design and implementation of efficient, innovative solutions to address clients’ challenges. Prior experience of working at scale and internationally, strongly preferred
- You have experience of designing equity programs
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing people
- You have broad, deep, and demonstrated compensation expertise in multiple topic areas - job matching and market pricing, equity mechanics, executive compensation, etc.
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively vision and execute models, and tell compelling and easy to follow stories from data
- You have a growth mindset – you think about how to work smarter, and take on the next challenge
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate and explain compensation philosophy, program design, and recommendations effectively with all levels of the organization
- You thrive working in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and can get hands-on with the work
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.