Machine Learning Engineer – Staff/Senior
Experimental AI Team
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- A graduate degree in artificial intelligence or machine learning or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in natural language processing, text mining, and/or generative AI
- Comfortable learning and employing the most state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in the field
- Strong programming skills and experience with Python, data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas), and popular machine learning tools (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, JAX), or comparable experience
- You use your strong engineering and machine learning skills to build creative business application ideas of the latest AI technology, such as generative AI
- You collaborate multi-functionally with other partners/teams to define objectives, suggest product ideas, and drive project execution
- You are responsible for the success of your projects and hold yourself accountable for each milestone's outcomes
- You are a leader with vision in the relevant domains of expertise, a mentor to junior engineers, and a contributor to the team's growth and evolution
- Familiarity with works related to the large language model, autoregressive model, and/or reinforcement learning
- Strong communication skills and previous experience leading projects with multi-functional partners
- Experience in handling projects of significant complexity and ambiguity
- Strong engineering background and can develop end-to-end machine learning solutions
- Experience contributing to research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in major conferences or journals
Grocery delivery app
Instacart's mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. The company operates a mobile app for the delivery and pick-up of groceries and household items.
- Go far together
- Grow the pie
- Roll up your sleeves
- Put it all on the table
- Serve generously
Company Core Values
- Wellness Tailored to You - Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life & disability coverage right alongside physical & mental wellness programs, memberships and stipends to keep you and your family feeling your best.
- Family Building Benefits - No matter where you are in your family journey, we support you. Our plans cover modern family planning for all. We offer leave for all parents, flexible working schedules and an active [email protected] community.
- Work From Home Stipend - We help outfit your WFH setup and offer reimbursements so you can be your most productive while at home.
- Flexible Time Off - We all recharge differently. Take the time you need with our flexible time off policy.
- Learning & Development - Whether you’re just starting your career or leading teams, we provide customized L&D programs to help you grow and an annual allowance to pursue your development.
- Future Planning - We have you covered as you plan for your future. 401(k) matching in the U.S. and RRSP in Canada, student loan assistance through Peanut Butter, free Rocket Lawyer membership, SoFi & First Republic financial planning and more.
- Community Connection - Support the communities you care about with volunteer weeks and get involved with our social impact program, Instacart Serves.
- Instacart Express Membership - We help keep your fridge stocked. Unlock grocery discounts with our Instacart Beta app while testing our latest features.