We’re seeking a talented and motivated full-time Software Engineer to join our growing team in the UK. You will work as part of the engineering team to develop the Tailscale product, contributing to client code and backend services. The codebase is mostly Go, and we’re seeking someone who has experience in and enjoys writing code in Go.
Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can help move the product forward. The ability to think on your feet, collaborate with highly technical teams, and comfort working asynchronously are essential.
Skillsets of interest:
- Previous experience developing in Go, used for much of the system
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Networking, Security, Backend, Linux, Systems & Production
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
With the team, you’ll succeed with these sorts of goals:
- Work as part of a team of engineers and designers to add features in the Tailscale service
- Take a holistic view of the product, from customer needs to client applications to the admin console
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Tailscale builds software that makes it easy to connect and secure devices, no matter where they are. Every day, banks and multi-national companies use Tailscale to protect their corporate networks. Hobbyists and start-ups trust Tailscale to collaborate and share access to tooling. We’re building a future for the Internet that’s easy, small and safe, like it used to be. Founded in 2019 and fully distributed, we’re backed by Accel, HeavyBit, and Uncork Capital.