What is Later?
Later is the leading social media marketing and commerce platform that helps small business owners and creators grow their brands and businesses online. With a unique combination of tools, machine-learning-based recommendations, and education, Later makes it easy to visually plan & schedule social content, drive traffic, and increase sales – empowering customers to turn their passions into possibilities.
Later started at a hackathon in late 2013. Six months later, “Latergramme” launched to almost 20,000 people waiting to use the first version. Later is now the leading visual marketing platform for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest in the world with over seven million users, and in 2021 was ranked #18 in Canada in Deloitte’s Fast 50 list, #119 in North America, and placed 51st in the Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companies list.
Later & Mavrck
In March 2022, Later was acquired by Boston-based influencer marketing platform Mavrck. The Mavrck platform allows large enterprise brands to automate their influencer marketing strategy for smoother partnerships and performance on campaigns. Together, we’re helping connect creators & marketers together to grow their social followings and businesses on social media.
What you’ll be doing
You’re a creative, big-picture thinker with a proven track record in design, copy, brand-building and leadership. Reporting to the VP Marketing, we are looking for a Creative Director to join our in-house creative team. You’ll lead the development and execution of the company’s brand and creative strategy. This includes creating and implementing a brand vision, messaging, and visual identity that effectively communicates the company’s value proposition and differentiates it from the competition. We are looking for someone who wants to create new best practices, not just follow them.
You’ll lead a talented team of designers and copywriters that create compelling and engaging creative aligned with company priorities, with the goal of helping people get inspired, grow and connect with Later. In this role, you’ll bring creativity, the ability to think strategically and conceptually, a keen eye for design and aesthetics, while being insight driven. You’ll partner with teams to understand creative performance. You’ll seize opportunities to experiment and try new things. You will manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment.
Creative & Brand Responsibilities
- Developing and managing the company’s brand guidelines and ensuring consistent application across all touchpoints
- Ideate, design, develop and create
- Overseeing all creative development and delivery
- Supporting data-informed opportunities to experiment and try new things
- Provide creative direction for brand awareness campaigns, playing a key role in the creative development of the brand.
- Play a key role in annual & quarterly strategic planning process
- Driving efficiency of the studio team by optimizing processes & workflow
- Deliver all initiatives on brand and on time
- Contribute to budget discussions, manage spends and contractors
- Ensure the team is optimized to deliver effective and impactful creative and copy
- Takes a collaborative, proactive, and strategic approach to their work
- Managing and mentoring a team of creative professionals
- Development and implementation of a team measurement framework that ladders up to Marketing OKRs
- Cross-functional collaboration: working closely with teams such as product marketing, demand generation, customer success, content marketing to ensure teams are supported in meeting business objectives
- Staying up to date on industry trends across social media, popular culture and tech to ensure we are culturally relevant and competitive.
- Consistently and tangibly sharing this knowledge with your team and seeking opportunities to learn from others regardless of role
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply!
- 10+ years of experience in creative roles with 3+ years managing & mentoring teams as a Creative Director
- Product-led Saas industry experience preferred
- Creative Agency experience an asset
- Strong background in branding, startups, marketing and creative direction
- Able to demonstrate both strategic vision and craft, execution-style – you must think big and be able to get into the weeds.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven track record in utilizing data to inform design strategy and decision making
- Success in collaborating cross-functionally & working closely with teams such as product marketing, demand generation, customer success, content marketing to support teams in achieving business objectives
- Lead with Humility: We put what’s best for all ahead of what’s best for one - no big egos here.
- Adapt + Grow: We view uncertainty as opportunity and nimbly adapt.
- Make it Happen: We have big ambitions and the courage to achieve them.
- Succeed Together: We prioritize diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment - there’s a seat for everyone here.
- Celebrate: We bring an optimistic mindset into everything we do. We celebrate progress, each other, and unique perspectives.
Some perks of being on our team include...
- We are passionate about learning and development, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training and workshops. We also provide each employee with a $3000 per year Education & Conference budget.
- We provide our employees with a monthly Wellness Spending Account, to help cover costs related to fitness equipment, personal training, gym memberships, or health and wellness practitioners.
- We provide our team with a generous technology bonus and provide the tools you need to succeed in your role.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family.
- We offer flexible working hours & schedules so you can work around school and home commitments.
- We offer parental leave top-ups, family forming support, and a life-transitions program to ensure you and your family are well supported when returning to work
- We provide a variety of workshops, meditation, and yoga at our monthly Wellness Wednesday events to help our team perform at their best.
- All departments have quarterly department team building activities
- We fly all employees in or out to join us at our fun-filled annual company retreat.
Where we work
Later is proudly founded and based in Vancouver. Our team can work remotely from one of our hub city locations: Vancouver, Toronto, or London UK. We post our positions in the hub location that we are looking to hire for that role. Mavrck is based in Boston, MA and hires employees remotely across the United States.
Diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
We value diversity of thought; we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or age. Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.