Senior Software Engineer
Frontend, Remote Eligible
Posted on 6/10/2022
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, deployment, rollback, testing, operations, and monitoring
- Experience building scalable back-end services
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Experience developing microservices and software solutions using AWS
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Build highly scalable/available infrastructure in AWS
- Work with other team members in your own team as well as collaborate with other teams for any dependencies
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline implementations
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- Work closely with other software engineers, partner teams, SRE, and product managers
- Troubleshoot complex issues related to performance, memory leaks, etc
- Periodically review our monitoring tools to look into key metrics and recommend any changes that will improve our operational costs
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.