Remote • Brighton, CO, USA
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
Outrider is an ambitious company that aims to solve autonomous vehicles for yard/warehouse operation. We are building a special electric truck that can achieve complex maneuvers in huge warehouses, among traffic, people and other complicated settings. This is not your generic autonomous vehicle product: we have a specific setting, specific hardware and specific customers.
We have great financial backing, a clear product in mind and a highly competent engineering team. Now, we want to expand on critical hires.
We are looking for a Deep Learning engineering manager that is able to lead the perception-modeling team. Modeling aspects in Outrider include both deep learning efforts and state-estimation efforts. This includes a lot relating to scene understanding but also some non-dl key efforts related to localization/tracking that we want to take to the next level. You will have the opportunity of making a large impact as this is a key component for perception and the key Outrider bet for scaling our operations.
You will work with a great engineering team that is highly motivated to make this a reality and a leadership that is laser focused on a product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will own the perception modeling and deep-learning team - along with the stack and strategy. You will have the opportunity to have huge impact on the autonomy stack, and:
- Help build a strong deep learning and state estimation/modeling team
- Build and execute a vision for the deep-learning/modeling team, projects strategy and tactic
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Communicate and distill to the leadership/board progress and needs
- Bachelor/Master in CS or equivalent
- Three years of engineering experience in machine learning as manager, senior engineer or stack architect
- Familiar w python, modern AI/DL stack
- Familiar w recent deep learning & state estimation practice and research
- Able to define projects and clear objectives for the team
- Excellent communication and proactivity: this is a startup, let’s get things done!
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $185,000 - $235,000+
- For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone’s opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.