Senior Data Steward
Posted on 5/19/2022
- 5+ years of experience in Data Governance, Data Analysis, Data Management, Data Modeling, and Data Quality
- Solid SQL skills with the ability to effectively wrangle complex data warehouses
- Expertise with the complete data lifecycle
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Excitement about working with a distributed team
- Establish and grow a Data Steward community throughout the company
- Lead the development of a robust data catalog (we currently use Alation)
- Work with product managers and analysts to facilitate privacy first solutions that fulfill analytical needs throughout the company
- Lead cultural change for data governance functions by implementing strategies, policies and standards
- Work with engineers to design and maintain high data governance standards in our data infrastructure, including our event streams, data pipelines, and data lake
- Collect, collate, and evaluate issues and problems with datasets and pipelines
- Identify data governance metrics and perform audits to benchmark the state of data quality, usage, retention, access, and its impact on desired business outcomes
- Grow data literacy through trainings, assessments, and meetups
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Experience working with cloud based data warehouses like BigQuery
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker and Alation
Marketing automation for e-commerce
Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small business. The company empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with smart marketing technology, award-winning support, and inspiring content.
- Investing in you and your future - Mailchimp pays for 100% of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all employees and their families. Wellness programs and intramural sports teams make it easy to prioritize your health. Our parental leave is ample and our 401k program—including profit-sharing—is next level.
- Learning and development - Whether we’re attending conferences, doing internal apprenticeships, completing unconscious bias training, learning more through Mailchimp University, or enjoying our weekly Coffee Hour series, we’re always stretching our brains in new ways. We also offer up to $20,000 in tuition reimbursement.
- Community dedication - We sponsor the work of dozens of local nonprofits, from arts organizations to literacy programs. Plus, every employee gets 16 volunteer hours a year to use working with the nonprofit of their choice.