Senior Engineer I
Posted on 12/2/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Create, design, build, and implement a test strategy within your designated pillar and squad(s)
- Partner with other QEs, QE management, Product, Software Engineers, Design, DevOps, and Architecture to test new features, defect/bug fixes, and improvements
- Develop a deep understanding of each pillar's unique processes, delivery methods, and working agreements enabling you to build and recommend changes to them
- Actively participate and drive conversations during refinement, planning, standups, retrospectives, etc. using existing processes and recommend new ones
- Build and run scripted and unscripted tests (automated or not automated) and collaborate with squad members on the test execution and results
- Regularly report and share results found (formally and informally) to support our culture of continuous improvement within your pillar, Engineering leadership, and other business units
- 7+ years of experience and passion about testing, quality engineering, and innovation in the SDLC
- Proficiency in browser Dev tools, log reading/parsing, data model, unit test code coverage and test coverage
- Expertise in software and quality engineering concepts and methodologies
- Proven craftsmanship of testing types including: API, compatibility, smoke, ad-hoc/exploratory, database, and regression testing (as defined in the ISTQB glossary)
- Adeptness in GitHub (including pull requests and code reviews), defect/bug tracking systems and test case management tools
- Comfortable with using AWS tooling (S3, Lambda, Cloudformation, etc)
- Experience with testing Micro Front Ends is a plus
- Proven problem solving skills and conflict resolution
- Ability to use risk-based and context-driven techniques to develop a prioritized testing approach
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills including comfort in issue escalation and user advocacy
- A learner's mindset pertaining to the quality engineering/quality assurance community - thought leadership, publications, social media, etc
Education and upskilling platform
Guild is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America's workforce through education.
- Be an owner - Every employee is granted equity in Guild with a 4-year vesting schedule as well as a 401(k).
- Prioritize your time - We offer generous parental leave, PTO, and onsite daycare for Denver-based employees
- Have a learner's mindset - Guild offers student loan reimbursement, 100% tuition assistance for your first bachelor’s degree, and $10K/year toward additional education.
- Take care of yourself - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans because we care about the health and well-being of all Guild employees.
Company Core Values
- Nurture a Learner’s Mindset - We are fueled by curiosity, consciously seeking to make ourselves, each other, and the work continuously better.
- Create Belonging - We believe that belonging is essential to business. We are cultivating a community rooted in diversity and respect with heart and commitment, that’s in service of both our culture and all of our stakeholders.
- Build Shared Success - At Guild, success is not a zero sum game. We strive for the win-wins in both our work and in our impact, knowing we deliver the best outcome when we collaborate together and assume positive intent from all.
- Be an Owner - We each own a piece of Guild – as owners, we take responsibility today and always for our voices, actions and long term impact.