Senior Data Scientist, Frontend Platform Analytics
Posted on 3/11/2022
New York, NY, USA
- 2+ years of experience in analytics roles, including communicating insights to stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or above in a STEM major
- Proficiency in SQL required, additional experience with python or R preferred
- Experience with dashboarding tools and data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Mode, PowerBI, Looker, etc)
- Familiarity with experimentation and causal inference analyses
- Consumer product, consumer goods, or e-commerce experience preferred but not required
- Partner with senior leaders in Product to define the right vision for how Reddit should be thinking and talking about the core user experience based on how users actually interact with the site
- Leverage analytics to understand key user journeys to inform decisions about the future of the product
- Develop and maintain KPIs related to the user experience, performance, and quality, and monitor how they change with updates/new releases by creating custom automated reporting (e.g. dashboards)
- Analyze and interpret metrics resulting from A/B tests, and contextualize the results for cross-functional stakeholders across Product, Design, Research, and Leadership teams
- Build and own data analysis products and analytical processes (ETLs, data collection and aggregation, experiment measurement) to support with the activities described above
- Lead and/or partner with other PMs and DS on time-sensitive investigation into metrics variation for platforms within the Clients Platform ownership
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.