Area Manager II
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
North Haven, CT, USA
- Minimum of four years' experience working with warehouse management systems (WMS) / inventory systems in a high-volume facility
- Previous leadership experience
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
- Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to interact effectively with all levels of management and support teams
- Able to transport up to 20 lbs
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines
- Able to effectively use relevant material handling equipment (i.e forklifts)
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information
- Able to work in a Distribution center environment which includes exposure to work at varying heights; varying temperatures; moderate and consistent noise levels
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires
- Lead and develop a team of warehouse associates and operations leads to deliver on daily goals
- Work closely with support staff (HR, Safety, Customer Service, Other Ops Leaders) to drive results
- Address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area
- Implement process improvements and workload efficiency mechanisms
- Utilize workload planning tools and other resources to complete scheduled workload ensuring orders are fulfilled to meet standards
- Investigate discrepancies and variances
- Perform to quality standards in multiple functions
- Design and implement an inventory tracking system for optimized inventory control procedures
- Examine the levels of raw materials and supplies to determine shortages
- Analyze the levels of inventory and supplies to determine overages and shortages
- Create detailed reports for adjustments, inventory operations and stock levels
- Provide root cause analysis for inventory inaccuracies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Administration, Operations Management, or related field
- Experience with process improvements (Lean Six Sigma and/or Kaizen)
Fulfillment, warehousing, and freight for B2C and B2B,
Stord's mission is to make your supply chain a competitive advantage.
- Flexible PTO - Take the time you need when you need it. Because you’re at your best when you rest, relax, and recharge.
- Mental Health Support - We give you access to free and confidential support. Because mental health is just as important as physical health.
- Paid Parental Leave - No matter how you become a parent (birth, adoption, foster care placement), you’ll get up to 6 weeks of paid bonding time.
- Health and Life Insurance - We provide medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance to support you and your family.
- Wellness Reimbursement - You’ll get up to $50 a month to invest in your health and fitness. Gym memberships, wellness apps – whatever keeps you moving!
Company Core Values
- Bias Toward Action - Each step forward, no matter how small, leads us to better solutions, faster.
- Build for the Long Term - We’re focused on leaving a positive impact in our work and in our relationships.
- Eternal Optimism - Problems give us an opportunity to get creative and learn something new.
- Transparency and Candor - We’re fostering an environment where everyone feels comfortable sharing feedback and opinions.
- Empower Others - We hire great people so they can do great work and become the experts at what they do.
- Learn and Iterate - We continually refine what we do and how we do things in order to be the best we can be.