Account Executive Public Sector
Updated on 9/21/2022
- You will have extensive direct sales experience selling enterprise software to UK Public Sector Organisations (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- You will need to be Security Cleared to work within UK government organisations (required)
- You have previous experience working with partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota (required)
- You have sold a similar complex Observability or other solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Understanding of Modern application architecture (micro-services) is key, along with the ability to understand and communicate technical challenges in business terms (required)
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Working experience in IT Operation Management platforms in correlation with application, networking and systems management tools. A strong market landscape is required
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven-figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills
- Candidates must have strong presentation, written and oral communication skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Work well within a cross-functional team environment and lead by influence
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel
- Assess, develop and grow the Splunk Observability business to meet and exceed sales targets
- Develop joint sales plans and sales strategy with the Public Sector sales team for overachieving Observability sales targets
- Work jointly on all aspects of the sales cycle to secure new Splunk Observability customers in UK Public Sector
- Capitalise on both new and existing relationships to introduce Splunk Observability offerings
- Upsell and cross-sell Splunk Observability Solutions into existing and target accounts
- Initiate engagement with targeted accounts and their respective buying centres; lead the opportunity creation/development process
- Drive proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, use knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities
- Effectively forecast your sales business and drive predictable and optimal business outcomes
- Work with Channel and Alliance partners to deliver growth and scale your business
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.