Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
The Axon Account Manager is responsible for partnering with the Axon Key Account Leader to better enable the sales team to sell Axon products and services to the largest law enforcement agencies. This is a quota carrying, remote-based position. Ability to articulate complex commercial and legal arrangements, build and maintain internal cross functional relationships, navigate across customer agency procurement processes and commercial blockers, and partnering to help drive sales and revenue goals is required.
What You Do:
- Perform in-depth analysis on present customer contract and performance data to draw out insights and recommendations on current and future sales opportunities.
- Support sales segment leader with key reporting, insights, and analysis for strategic deals driving quarterly/annual sales goals.
- Build out and maintain custom sales enabling collateral, as needed, to support internal and external program comprehension, fiscal scheduling, and overall purchase justification.
- Assist in the development and execution of account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant, and more tailor-fitted value propositions
- Act as a trusted advisor to the sales team and enable the selling motion through advocating for what is in the best interests of the business and proactively working to remove commercial blockers.
- Develop strong knowledge of go to market strategy, internal system and product limitations, and other blockers in order to remove points of friction on complex and highly customizable sales.
- Assist in troubleshooting operational issues as they surface and work cross-functionally for workarounds in the short term, and potentially propose changes to fix root causes in the long term.
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners to gain proper business buy-in as well as leverage best practices to help meet the upmarket, (major account), buyer where they are in the procurement process.
What You Bring:
- Analytical Problem Solving - Using thought leadership best practices (and data) to systematically consider end to end implications of problems and develop potential solutions.
- Autonomy - Ability to act confidently in novel circumstances and works effectively in ambiguous situations. Able to engage all levels of stakeholders in order to drive novel solutions for complex and unique sales.
- Trusted Advisor - Able to act as subject matter expert for complex deal structure and commercial arrangements in order to get to the “yes” both internally and externally.
- Multi-Task- Ability to prioritize and function well in a dynamic and ambiguous environment. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with delivery deadlines.
- Superlative Communication - Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization (oral, written and in person).
- Influence – Capable of influencing without authority.
- Detail Oriented - Outstanding attention to detail
- Data Modeling – Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics Reporting and Excel Modeling skills to pull, analyze, and model customer contract data.
Benefits that Benefit You:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Uncapped commissions
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: The compensation for this role is made up of uncapped commissions and a starting base pay between USD 60,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. On average, the national commissions target for this role is 150,000 USD. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: experience, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and geographic market demands and often a combination of all these factors. Our base salary is just one component of Axon’s competitive total rewards strategy including benefits, an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.