Waste Water Operator
Posted on 12/3/2022
Normal, IL, USA
- Ability to interpret and understand Process Instruments and Flow Diagrams and blueprints
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and apply operating procedures and work instructions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. ·
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
- Must have independent thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Associates degree in Industrial Education, Environmental Health and Safety is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years' experience with wastewater systems management experience is required and 5+ years' experience is preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate unevenly or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights
- MUST be able to pass IEPA Class K Industrial Pretreatment Certification for the Rivian System after appropriate training and education
- Assess Lab Data and make appropriate operational adjustments to maintain operation below permitted levels
- Conduct light repair and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Collect samples as needed for Laboratory analysis
- Act as backup support for the Waste Handling Technician
- Provide support as needed for other EHS functions, such as Air and RCRA Compliance
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team