Senior Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Reston, VA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or field applicable to the position
- 8 or more years of relevant experience required. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Senior level experience with Spring Boot, Java, PostSQL and PL/pgSQL, and JUnit testing
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met
- Specifically seeking middle tier or back-end developers responsible for creating the business logic and services between the UI and the back end, and the functions and operations performed on the data (relational and unstructured)
- Experience with OpenShift, Keycloak, Wildfly
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Kafka, Activiti
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Automated testing (Selenium, Robot Framework)
- Security+ or other IAT II/III level certification
- AWS experience
- STIG hardening
- Scrum master or team lead
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.