Director – Supplier Development & Quality Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Los Gatos, CA, USA
- Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Minimum B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in mfg. engineering, quality engineering and/or quality management roles
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma programs and Statistical Quality Control processes
- Solid knowledge of mechanical and cosmetic quality concepts and methodologies
- Experience in developing and implementing measurement and inspection processes, tools, fixtures, and gages
- Solid understanding of and experience applying problem solving tools including root cause analysis, statistical tools and processes, and design of experiments
- Knowledge of and experience with custom mechanical part, electro-mechanical sub-assembly and cable mfg. processes such as: injection molding, die casting, extrusion, sheet-metal, and cable assembly, as well as finishing processes such as painting, anodizing, and polishing
- Ability to clearly summarize quality data and trends and to create reports and presentations for all levels of internal audiences
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally:up to 25% of the time
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) (preferred)
- All aspects of Supplier Development & Quality on custom mechanical and electro-mechanical parts and subassemblies, cables, and semi-custom modules and assemblies
- Participate in advance quality activities such as: DFM, vendor selection, establishing quality criteria and goals, FMEA/PFMEA, and defining validation and reliability test requirements
- Perform quality and process audits of new and current suppliers
- Perform Mfg. Engineering duties as required, such as resolving mfg. process issues at supplier factories and creating ECOs
- Work with suppliers on collection and analysis of their quality and yield data, and present this data at cross functional ChargePoint meetings
- Work with suppliers to define and implement in-process and out-going quality control processes
- Define and implement IQC processes for materials received at ChargePoint and at our manufacturing and logistics partners
- Work with suppliers and ChargePoint test engineers on root cause analysis of factory and field failures resulting from supply quality issues
- Lead cross-functional teams to define and implement corrective actions and rework activities as required to address supply quality issues
Electric vehicle charging stations
ChargePoint believes that the rapid transition to electric mobility is essential to building a sustainable future for all. After more than a decade, their mission remains the same—to create technology that will enable the movement of all people and goods on electricity.
- Outdoor Activities - The Los Gatos Creek Trail is just steps from our campus. Bring your bike or your running shoes. Plus you can shower up after your workout.
- Office Parties - Celebration is a part of our culture.
- Pets - Every day is bring-your-dog-to-work day.
- Health Benefits - We offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- EV charging at work - Drive an EV? Our parking lots are fully outfitted with charging stations, so you can plug in and charge up while you work.
- Snacks and Beverages - Our fully stocked kitchens come with a wide variety of healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks and beverages, plus we have an espresso machine.