Senior/Principal Product Designer
Posted on 2/28/2023
Burlingame, CA, USA
- 7+ years of professional career experience as a UX or product designer with several years operating in a lead capacity or at a principal level. You have a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Instructional Design, or equivalent work experience
- Leadership and can manage design quality and cohesion across your area of expertise, while engaging with other designers to help them grow
- Collaborative skills, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to look for constructive feedback from their manager, partners, teams, and the Product Design team
- Systematic thinking experlience that advocates for holistic and connected user experiences
- Problem solving skills and can tune a thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges across end-to-end learning journeys
- Compelling stories and through verbal, written, and visual communication can communicate your ideas effectively through journey maps, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- Investigative and inquisitive skills about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the larger Roblox organization
- Creative innovation with the ability to produce designs and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products
- Motivation and always expanding your skills by looking for new tools and techniques
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the direction of your product area
- Partner with Engineering to provide a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Report to the Director of Product Design, Growth
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done