SEI Instructor Lead
Posted on 2/1/2022
Seattle, WA, USA
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working on a software development team
- Familiarity with Computer Science topics, such as: Recursion, Sorting, Search, Linked Lists, Stacks and queues, Sets, Trees, Search Tries, Graphs, Hash tables, and Design patterns
- You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in
- HTML and CSS
- At least one JS MV
- Framework (Angular, Backbone, or React preferred)
- SQL databases (we generally use PosgreSQL)
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB and Redis)
- At least one additional object-oriented language (Ruby or Python preferred)
- Teach Monday-Friday, all day, for the 12 week duration of the program
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set
Online learning platform
General Assembly fosters an elite professional community of individuals and companies through education and strategic career connections.
- Inspiration - Shape how people think and learn, from junior developers to employees of Fortune 500 companies.
- Community - Collaborate with smart, passionate peers to achieve goals and grow our business.
- Growth - Develop professional skills through mentorship, career development, and free GA classes.
- Benefits - Balance work and life with generous paid time off, parental leave, and more.